Thursday, June 14, 2007

Looking Back

Well, I was recently asked by our Pastor to give my testimony at church. What a wonderful excercise! Truely it is a blessing to look back over our lives and see what the Lord has done, and where He has brought us.

It was also a very humbling experience. I realized (not that I didn't know before), that there have been times in my marriage where it was only God's mercy that held it together. I was reminded of Proverbs 14:1 "The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down." There have been times when because of my own unhappiness, my own discontent heart that I did whatever I could to make sure that my Beloved was miserable. I was "tearing down my house". I praise God that He did not allow me to distroy my marriage.

I have said that my husband is either very forgiving, or oblivious to my worst faults - or maybe a little of both. :-) I am so thankful that the Lord didn't give up on me and that in spite of my best efforts to the contrary, He held my marriage together. I praise Him for continuing to draw me to Himself and for teaching me what it is to be a godly wife. For giving me the desire to be a godly wife. I still have much to do and learn, but I am so much further along the path than I was even a few years ago.

So, today I encourage you to sit down and think over the years, think about what the Lord has done in your life.

No comments: