Monday, May 4, 2009

De-cluttering and Down-sizing!

I don't know about you, but I find that I am a slow learner. ;-) It seems I have to go over the same life lesson over and over before I "get" it. One of the lessons that I am still working on is being able to keep on top of the housework. I manage to be organized in the small things, but it seems that the house is always cluttered. It is frustrating, and it makes me weary. So, I have recently come to the conclusion that we have TOO MUCH STUFF! What an epiphany! ;-)

On our way home from the Home Discipleship conference in Seattle, I talked Mike's ear off. Well, I chewed it pretty good, anyway! And, we came to the conclusion that when we got home, I needed to just go room by room and de-clutter and down-size.

I began in the laundry room, because I figured that every other room would produce more laundry, and so I felt like that was the best, most logical place to start. I wish I could tell you that I'm on my third or fourth room, but with Mike's sister's death last week, the Great Down-sizing got put on hold. So, I began again today. It's going to be slow going this week, I've got at least 3 days this week that I'm going to be gone, so I hope that I don't lose my momentum.

My hope is that by getting rid of a bunch of stuff, and trying to be more diligent in making sure that everyone is picking up after themselves, that I will be able to keep on top of things. Perhaps I'll have finally learned this lesson! I hope. :-)

If you have any great organization tips, please share!

No comments: