Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Giving up habits

My Beloved began a journey today to give up smoking. He's smoked for 20 years and has at various times tried to quit, but has never been successful. I determined a while ago, to make an effort not to nag him about it ~ it's difficult. I have never liked his smoking, and I know that it's not good for him. I just keep praying that every time he smokes a cigarette he will have less and less desire for the next one.

If your husband has a bad and/or unhealthy habit, join me today in praying for him. Pray for victory, for him to lean on the Everlasting Arms for his strength. Pray for yourself to be able to support him and not nag. Praying with hope that soon you will be able to rejoice in his conquering whatever his bad habit is!

Father God~
I lift my Beloved up to You now. I pray that he will turn to You, and rely on Your strength to get him through the nicotine withdrawals. I thank You that he has the desire to quit. I pray for patience and love, for the children and myself as he deals with kicking this long-standing habit. Father, I pray for the ladies who read this. I ask that they too would see their husband's have victory in their lives ~ not because they are such strong men, but because they have relied on You. Thank You that You care about the littlest details in our lives.
In the precious Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments: