Monday, March 30, 2009

An Encouraging Read

"We want the opportunity to come into your home with our beautiful, printed magazine that is rich with encouragement and ideas that work, with our books and audios, that will give you a boost and the strength for tomorrow. I want TEACH to be your teammate who cheers you on and inspires you to keep on keeping on." Laurie Flem

Laurie shared this sentiment in the most recent issue of TEACH magazine. And, for me anyway, this is exactly what TEACH is, a teammate that cheers me on and inspires me. Teach is always greatly anticipated, and quickly read ~ except the last issue which mysteriously disappeared before I got it completely read! However, I did get this most current issue read, and it's definitely a keeper!

The Spring 2009 issue of TEACH magazine is all about "Marriages Made Marvelous". It's full of wonderful articles that have lots of practical application. Articles that will make you laugh, make you nod your head in agreement, prick your heart with conviction, and articles that will make you cry.

I don't usually write my TEACH reviews on this blog, but because their focus was marriage, I decided to share about this wonderful magazine with you. What a wonderful resource to have, especially if you are struggling in your marriage. But even if you aren't, the articles in this issue are full of good reminders. For instance, Bonita Lillie reminds us that our security isn't found in our imperfect husbands, but our hope is in God; and when we remember that, and place our fears and lives in the hands of our heavenly Father, we are free to respect our husband.

Christina Shadbolt shares 8 ideas that are marriage builders, one of which was "know yourself". Part of this would be knowing what sets you off when you are tired or grumpy (which usually happens when you're tired), and working your schedule or surroundings so that you avoid those triggers. Check out TEACH to find the other 7 ideas.

Those are just two of the wonderful articles found within the Spring issue of TEACH. There are several more to encourage you as a wife, and some great articles to encourage you as a Mama as well! TEACH truely is a gem, and I'm so thankful that I found it! I would encourage you to check them out, and get a little encouragement today. You can find them at: http://www.TEACHmagazine.com/

No comments: