Monday, January 29, 2007

Journey of prayer #1

I will be posting prayer prompts soon! I have a vision of a year of prayer for our dear husbands. I don't have the first one ready yet, but I thought I would encourage you to begin by praying for yourself. Ask God to prepare your heart, to enable you to allow your husband to change, as the Holy Spirit leads him. How difficult it can be for us to just pray and keep our mouths quiet. To step out of God's way, and let Him work. We say we want a husband who will lead, a husband who will pray, who will do this or that, but do we really? Or are we terribly comfortable with things as they are? Some of us like to control things, and if our dear husband decides that he is going to do x, y, or z are we ready to let him? Let me remind you that God calls us to honor and submit to our husbands. "Likewise, wives, be submissive to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives - when they see your respectful and pure conduct." 1 Peter 3: 1-2 ESV


What greater priviledge can a wife have than to lift her husband before the Throne of Grace? I know from personal experience what an encouragement it is to my Beloved when I pray for him ~ especially if he knows I am praying for him! I so desire to see him grow in his relationship with the Lord, to become more Christlike, to be the man that God would have him be. And to think that God would use my feeble little prayers, overwhelms me.

James 5:16 tells us, "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." ESV

Are you ready? Are you excited? I am! We serve a faithful God, ladies! Let's pray!"

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I really appreciate all that you have blogged so far. I look forward to all else that you post.